If you are like many mid- to late-career providers, you love treating patients, interacting with colleagues and teaching new providers. Simultaneously, however, the administrative hassles, workload and fast pace may prove overwhelming.
Fortunately, there is demand for your service in the US and internationally in more flexible positions, allowing you to choose from a full range of “workstyles” that allow you to live a balanced life.
Take the short self-test below to identify suitable career options:
Self-Test for Semi-retirees
US Locum Tenens
- Are you interested in working part of the year with time off for other pursuits?
- Would you enjoy visiting and working in different parts of the country?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, then locum tenens might be the perfect fit.
- Are you interested in working in a different country, with plenty of free time to explore?
- Would you enjoy learning about different healthcare systems and patient populations?
If this sounds like you, then an international locum tenens assignment could be the right fit.
- Are you interested in working full time but in a new setting, i.e., an employed position?
- Are you interested in a changing the scope of your practice—to outpatient only, for example?
If this is you, then you are ready for a new permanent position.
When you're ready, call VISTA to speak to a recruiter in your medical specialty who works with the US Locum Tenens team, our International Placements team or our Permanent Jobs search division. Call 800-366-1884 or email email@example.com.