Internal Medicine Hospitalist in Minnesota
7 On/7 Off Internal Medicine HospitalistJob Details:
VISTA Physician Search and Consulting is representing an exciting opportunity for a BE/BC Hospitalist in one of the leading metropolitan communities in Minnesota. Additional highlights of this full-time, permanent position include:
* Hospital is a 127-bed acute care hospital serving approximately 150,000 patients annually
* Provides a wide range of primary care and specialty services and has specialized programs in Advanced Surgery, Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, and Kidney Dialysis
* Nominated a Top 100 Hospital
* 5-physician hospitalist department looking to expand to a 6th position as we look to accommodate growth.
* 7 on/7 off schedule (daytime shifts: 7am-7pm and 7am-3pm; nighttime shifts: 7pm-7am)
* Procedures and codes:
On the morning shift, the hospitalist could expect an average 2 new encounters and total of anywhere from 8-15, while for the evening/night shift 3-4 admissions and anywhere from 3 up to 10 consults depending on the day and surgery schedule. The ICU census is typically 2-4 patients, and the hospitalist could expect an average of 1 patient on the ventilator, and usually they are short term, 2-5 days (it would be rare to have longer).
* Procedures are variable, as surgery is available for central lines, chest tubes and anesthesia/ER backup for intubations. That being said, the hospitalists still perform some of these on their own
* Regarding codes, the ER attends the bulk of these, however on the inpatient service, the hospitalists certainly attend. For other areas, the hospitalists will respond and attend if they are in-house, until either ER or other attending physician arrives.
* Excellent benefits package that includes a yearly negotiable base starting at $285k, 30 days of vacation/CME, medical, relocation and more!
* Family friendly community with reputable school systems and safe neighborhoods
To learn more, please contact a VISTA recruiter today!
Location: Alexandria, Minnesota
Job Number: 102784
Contact a Recruiter:
Send an Email
Or call us: 855-632-6543
VISTA Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.