VISTA International Placements, often referred to as international locum tenens, offer you the rare opportunity of living and working in a new country. Placements of six to 24 months enable you to steep yourself in the culture and experience an entirely different style of medical practice. We place doctors in New Zealand and Bermuda, and our options continue to expand.
This is your chance to serve warm, appreciative patients and work with interesting colleagues from around the globe while reseting your pace of life. The physicians we have placed tell us it's a life-changing opportunity.
What International Locum Tenens can expect:
- We'll help you identify a great geographic location and position that fits your interests and skills.
- We'll help with medical registration, which is the equivalent of U.S. medical licensure, and a work visa. We have a great deal of experience with the processes and paperwork, and will walk you through every step of the registration and work visa application. The process takes two to six months depending on the country.
- You'll earn compensation equivalent to local doctors with similar training and experience in the country.
- We'll coordinate logistics, interviews, and travel, and do whatever it takes to get you (and your family, if you choose) there comfortably.
- For most international locum tenens jobs, you will be employed by the healthcare organization, so you will receive paid professional liability insurance and benefits like vacation and a CME stipend. You can also expect assistance with a portion of your housing and travel.
Let us find a job for you
- Contact an experienced physician recruiter to discuss your plans and priorities.