The American Hospital Association (AHA) states that National Hospital Week allows communities to shine a light on US hospitals, the backing of US health care systems, and the selfless dedication of US healthcare workers. During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it is incumbent upon members of American society to take the time to declare their appreciation for the inventive ways that such healthcare institutions and workers provided support to their communities. In many instances, hospital workers were the only comfort to the severely ill and isolated from loved ones.
National Hospital Week 2021 occurs during May 9-15 with a theme of “Inspiring Hope Through Healing.” As a special tribute, AHA announced a collaboration with Musicians on Call to create a song and video. The words of healthcare workers inspire the original work.
Why Was National Hospital Week Established?
President Warren G. Harding signed declared a National Hospital Day on May 12, 1921. He picked that day because it was Florence Nightingale’s birthday. Florence Nightingale was a public health activist and nurse during the Crimean War who transformed hospital care during the mid-19th century. Harding’s declaration encouraged community trust in hospitals in the aftermath of the Spanish Flu pandemic in 1918.
The celebration became a week-long event known as National Hospital Week in 1953. AHA always celebrates National Hospital Week during National Nurses Week. National Nurses Week coincides with the birthday week of Florence Nightingale.
Much as the Spanish Flu devastated the world in 1918, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to embroil the globe today. For many health care participants, 2020 is a blur of sickness, isolation, and loss. National Hospital Week provides the occasion to thank them for their tireless efforts.
National Hospital Week is a time to celebrate health care workers and hospitals. A hospital’s administrators, physicians, nursing staff, maintenance staff, chefs and cafeteria workers, clerical staff, and housekeeping staff are essential workers that keep a community’s hospitals safe from infection. It is a time to recognize that these essential people sacrificed their safety and separated themselves from their loved ones in their dedication to their vocation.
What Can You Do To Show Support?
You can choose to show your support during National Hospital Week in several ways:
- Modify your social media profile to reflect the universally recognized “H” hospital logo that you can download here for Facebook and here for Twitter.
- Share your feedback about National Hospital Week using the #hospitalweek when posting online and on your favorite social media platform. Tell the world how healthcare workers inspired you during COVID-19.
- Download and share the National Hospital Week logos.
- Verbally express your “Thanks” to healthcare workers during this special week dedicated to their steadfastness and commitment.
Who Is VISTA?
VISTA Staffing helps US hospitals and medical practices as well as government agencies to:
- Grow their advanced practitioner staff
- Ensure quality patient care
- Maintain financial stability
VISTA Staffing includes the following service lines:
- Locum Tenens — Such medical providers work in rewarding temporary assignments of both short and long duration. VISTA provides careful screening to provide candidates with sites that match skills and experience. Qualifying candidates receive paid professional liability insurance, housing, travel, and local transportation. VISTA helps with credentialing and licensing. Locum Tenens positions make transitions easy from residency to practice, from full-time to part-time, or when moving between practices. VISTA is a member of the National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations (NALTO), dedicated to providing excellent service in the medical staffing industry.
- Advanced Practice (AP) — For nurse practitioners, Physician Assistants, or CRNAs, VISTA offers locum tenens positions as well as permanent placement opportunities.
- Search — VISTA’s website maintains a Jobs Board for both temporary and permanent placement for physicians posted throughout the US. The Job Board updates new physician openings daily.
- Government — With a team dedicated to fulfilling the Federal Supply Schedule contracts, VISTA coordinates government physicians and advanced practitioner staff for federal healthcare facilities. Some of its clients include the Veterans’ Administration (VA), Indian Health Service (IHS), and Department of Defense (DoD) facilities. The team also provides medical staffing for those entities that do not use the Federal Supply Schedule.
- VISTA Select — This group of services uses data and analytics to craft the customer workplace solutions that fit each client’s profile. In partnership with hospitals, private practices, health systems, and government agencies, VISTA Select develops models that secure access to patient care while they enhance profits.
VISTA helps you manage, monitor, and streamline your processes while you standardize your documentation and customize your dashboard in real-time.
In February 2021, VISTA Staffing announced it was the recipient of ClearlyRated’s Best of Client Staffing and Talent Diamond Awards for providing superior staffing services for the last nine consecutive years. Winners of this award are proven to be industry leaders based on ratings from their clients and candidates.
The Next Steps
Suppose you are interested in a comprehensive staffing service that provides service lines in Locum Tenens, Advanced Practice, and has significant job search capabilities. In that case, you will enjoy partnering with VISTA Staffing to optimize your workforce. This holds true whether you are a government agency or in the private sector. We invite you to visit us today on our website to learn about our innovative suite of services on the VISTA Select page and contact us to see how we can help you grow your business.