World Health Day 2022: Our Planet, Our Health
The pandemic has impacted the lives of nearly everyone on the planet. Increasingly, pollution and climate change is wreaking havoc on the everyday lives of people around the globe. In the midst of all this, diseases like cancer and heart disease are on the rise.
On World Health Day 2022, the WHO will focus its attention on actions that can foster a healthier environment for humans, with an aim to improve the quality of life for all. The WHO estimates that avoidable environmental causes are responsible for more than 13 million deaths around the world each year. These environmental causes, which include the climate crisis, have created a health crisis for humans. During World Health Day, we are encouraged to imagine a world with clean water and air, food for all humans, and healthy societies where people thrive. On this day, you can make a difference, even if just in small ways.
5 Ways You Can Make a Difference
1. Educate yourself. Vulnerable groups in the world are the hardest hit by problems like the climate crisis, diseases, and lack of available food. On this World Health Day, read and learn about health inequalities in the world.
The more you know about how your fellow global citizens have been impacted by the inequities that touch us all, the more you can do to make a difference in the world later on. Educating yourself makes it easier to choose which charities to fund, where to volunteer, and what issues resonate with you most deeply.
2. Share healthy recipes. Poor diet can impact your health for years into the future and can shorten your lifespan. Maintaining a healthy diet doesn’t have to be a burden – in fact, it can be fun! Pick out some of your favorite healthy recipes and share them with loved ones, friends, and family. Show the world that eating a balanced diet can be delicious, nutritious, and rewarding.
3. Eat fruit, and share with others. Eating fruits is good for you, and so is eating lower on the food chain! By eating fruit for your snack (and by bypassing the chips and other unhealthy snack foods), you can maintain a healthier body. It’s also helpful to share your fruit snack with others, to show them how delicious fruit can be! Change your bag of chips for strawberries, and share the joy with others!
4. Think about mental health. Many of us live with stress every day without awareness of how stress can negatively impact our lives. Stress can have a deteriorating effect on your psychological and emotional health. Meditation helps keep stress levels under control by clearing your thoughts and centering your attention on your inner peace. Learn more about meditation and give it a try.
5. Workout together. Another way that we can avoid illnesses and chronic conditions is by working out and exercising our bodies. Invite friends or family to get some exercise with you. Go for a hike, ride your bike, and try anything that gets your heart pumping. Find the type of exercise that means the most to you.
Improve Your Health With a Job You Love
VISTA Staffing Solutions works to improve the quality of life for healthcare professionals by placing them in meaningful, well-paying jobs they love. This World Health Day, improve your work life and job satisfaction by applying for a placement with a healthcare facility that will make all the difference. Contact us to learn more.