Founded in 1990, VISTA is headquartered in Salt Lake City with additional offices in Atlanta and Houston. We contract annually with over 2,500 physicians across 60+ specialties and subspecialties.
Join us and help build a great company, have a great career, and achieve financial success.
In The News
Read the latest about VISTA’s contributions to the healthcare staffing industry.
Our Clinician Blog: VISTA Voice
Check out our blog and subscribe to receive industry updates, as well as information to help you navigate your locum journey!
Our Healthcare Organization Blog: Workforce Optimization
Check out our healthcare organization blog and subscribe to receive industry updates.
- Facts About VISTA
- VISTA provides hospitals, medical practices, and government healthcare organizations in the US with highly qualified healthcare providers to meet short- and long-term temporary staffing needs and fill permanent openings.
- VISTA provides rewarding, flexible career options for physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants in every stage of their professional lives, from just out of training to semi-retirement.
- VISTA is well known for the quality of physicians, nurse practitioners, CRNAs, and physician assistants we recruit and place, focusing on experienced advanced practitioners and board-certified and board-prepared physicians with current certificates and strong references.
- VISTA works with a large, specialty-diverse pool of physicians, nurse practitioners, CRNAs, and physician assistants from almost every medical specialty.
- The physicians who work through VISTA are carefully screened and covered by professional liability insurance.
- As a founding member of the National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations (NALTO), VISTA is a leader in establishing and maintaining strict industry standards.
- Corporate History
Founded in 1990, VISTA Staffing Solutions helps hospitals, medical practices, and government agencies in the US optimize their physician and advanced practitioner staffing, ensure quality and continuity of care for patients, and maintain financial stability.
Headquartered in Salt Lake City with additional offices in Atlanta and Houston, VISTA organization contracts annually with over 2,500 physicians across 60+ specialties and subspecialties. VISTA helps U.S. hospitals, medical practices, and government agencies optimize their physician staffing, ensure continuity of care for patients, and maintain financial stability. As a leading provider of U.S. Locum Tenens and Permanent Physician Search Services, VISTA also operates VISTA Select, a first-of-its-kind technology and people-based services solution utilizing advanced data and analytics to provide healthcare organizations with customizable workforce optimization solutions.
VISTA Staffing Solutions is a founding member of the National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations (NALTO), an organization that develops and enforces standards for credentialing, ethics, and business practices within the locum tenens industry.
For more information about the staffing services provided by our business units, follow the appropriate links: Information for physicians, nurse practitioners, CRNAs, and physician assistants:
Information on staffing solutions for healthcare organizations, hospitals, and clinics:
- Industry Background
VISTA began as a temporary physician staffing and locum tenens company. We have diversified considerably in the past several decades, but locum tenens still make up most of our business and is the foundation for much of what we do and how we do it.
The temporary physician staffing industry was founded in 1979 by Therus Kolff, M.D., MPH. Since 1979, the locum tenens industry has grown rapidly in the United States.
Options, flexibility, and control
As a lifestyle choice, locum tenens can enhance healthcare providers’ lives, professionally and personally, by providing attractive options at all stages of their professional careers:
- Post-residency: Those just out of training enjoy some freedom and flexibility before settling into permanent positions.
- Mid-career: Our providers can make an informed transition from one job to another.
- Semi-retirement: Providers get to slow down and practice less than full-time without losing their clinical skills and credentials.
Most physicians, NPs, CRNAs, and PAs who choose to take temporary assignments do so to have greater flexibility and control, which leads to an improved quality of life. Other factors contributing to the number of physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants choosing temporary assignments include skyrocketing malpractice premiums and increasing bureaucracy in healthcare.
Today, locum tenens physicians and advanced practice providers can practice in diverse medical facilities throughout the United States. In addition, they can choose to work for specific periods of time, from a few weeks to more than a year.
Organizations that hire physicians, nurse practitioners, CRNAs, and physician assistants part-time
Medical organizations, government agencies, and community-based practices ranging from small family practices to large multi-specialty groups are increasingly turning to locum tenens physicians to ensure the quality and continuity of patient care during staffing shortages. These screened, insured physicians, nurse practitioners, CRNAs, and physician assistants can help medical organizations meet temporary staffing needs. All while organizations recruit for seasonal patient demands, and providers are on vacation or leave. Temporary physician and advanced practice provider staffing is an excellent solution for rural areas that may not be able to attract full-time doctors.
Locum tenens physicians, nurse practitioners, CRNAs, and physician assistants represent a comprehensive range of medical specialties that can help organizations temporarily reduce healthcare provider shortages as special needs arise or while recruiting a permanent physician, NPs, CRNAs, or PAs in a short-supply specialty.
Medical organizations can keep costs down by using temporary staffing to accommodate fluctuations in demand and special needs, as it is less expensive than adding full-time staff. In addition, they can maintain their financial stability with fast, flexible, revenue-generating temporary staffing. Because it offers a number of benefits, using locum tenens physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants should be part of every healthcare organization’s strategic staffing plan.
VISTA began as a locum tenens company and has since expanded the range of services we provide to span a physician, nurse practitioner, CRNAs, physician assistant’s entire career, and a healthcare organization complete physician and advanced practice staffing needs.