Headquartered in Salt Lake City with additional offices in Atlanta, Milwaukee and Houston, VISTA employs approximately 300 people.
Company Fast Facts
- VISTA provides hospitals, medical practices and government healthcare facilities in the US, New Zealand and Bermuda with highly qualified healthcare providers to meet short- and long-term temporary staffing needs and fill permanent openings.
- VISTA provides rewarding, flexible career options for physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants in every stage of their professional lives, from just out of training to semi-retirement.
- VISTA is well known for the quality of physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants we recruit and place, focusing on experienced advanced practitioners and board- certified and board-prepared physicians with current certificates and strong references.
- VISTA works with a large, specialty-diverse pool of physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants from almost every medical specialty.
- The physicians who work through VISTA are carefully screened and covered by professional liability insurance.
- As a founding member of the National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations (NALTO), VISTA is a leader in establishing and maintaining strict industry standards.
Founded in 1990, VISTA Staffing Solutions helps hospitals, medical practices, and government agencies in the US, New Zealand and Bermuda optimize their physician and advanced practitioner staffing, ensure quality and continuity of care for patients, and maintain financial stability. A leading provider of US Locum Tenens and Permanent Search Services, VISTA is the only agency that offers both domestic and international work opportunities for locum tenens physicians.
Headquartered in Salt Lake City with additional offices in Atlanta, Milwaukee and Houston, VISTA employs approximately 300 people. The company has shown consistent profitability since its second year of operation.
VISTA Staffing Solutions is a founding member of the National Organization of Locum Tenens Organizations (NALTO), an organization that develops and enforces standards for credentialing, ethics, and business practices within the locum tenens industry.
For more information about the staffing services provided by our business units, follow the appropriate link:Information for physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants:
VISTA began as a temporary physician staffing and locum tenens company. We have diversified considerably in the past several decades, but locum tenens still makes up the majority of our business and is the foundation for much of what we do and how we do it.
The temporary physician staffing industry was founded in 1979 by Therus Kolff, M.D., MPH. Since 1979, the locum tenens industry has grown rapidly in the United States and abroad.
Options, flexibility and control
As a lifestyle choice, locum tenens can enhance healthcare providers' lives, professionally and personally, by providing attractive options at all stages of their professional careers:
- Post-residency: For those just out of training, enjoy some freedom and flexibility before they settle into permanent positions.
- Mid-career: Our providers can make an informed transition from one job to another.
- Semi-retirement: Providers get to slow down and practice less than full-time without losing their clinical skills and credentials.
Most physicians, NPs and PAs who choose to take temporary assignments do so to have greater flexibility and control, which leads to an improved quality of life. Other factors contributing to the number of physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants choosing temporary assignments include skyrocketing malpractice premiums and increasing bureaucracy in health care.
Today, locum tenens physicians and advanced practice providers can practice in diverse medical facilities throughout the United States, or in international assignments in select countries. They can choose to work for specific periods of time, from a few weeks to more than a year.
Organizations that hire physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants part time
Medical facilities, government agencies and community-based practices ranging from small family practices to large multi-specialty groups are increasingly turning to locum tenens physicians to ensure the quality and continuity of patient care during staffing shortages. These screened, insured physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants can help medical facilities meet temporary staffing needs while they recruit, during seasonal increases in demand, and while providers are on vacation or leave. Temporary physician and advanced practice provider staffing is an excellent solution for rural areas that may not be able to attract full-time doctors.
Locum tenens physicians, nurse pracitioners and physician assistants represent a comprehensive range of medical specialties that can help facilities temporarily reduce healthcare provider shortages as special needs arise, or while recruiting a permanent physicians, NPs or PAs in a short-supply specialty.
Medical facilities can keep costs down by using temporary staffing to accommodate fluctuations in demand and special needs, as it is less expensive than adding full-time staff. They can maintain their financial stability with fast, flexible, revenue-generating temporary staffing. Because it offers a number of benefits, using locum tenens physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants should be part of every healthcare facility's strategic staffing plan.
VISTA began as a locum tenens company and has since expanded the range of services we provide to span a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant's entire career and a healthcare facility’s complete physician and advanced practice staffing needs.